New Hampshire/Maine Health Insurance
For more information or to receive a quote, fill out our Quote Form on the right.
Information provided below, has come from the website of HealthEquity. You can also purchase a book at the website of health equity.com titled “The Complete HSA Guidebook” for as little as $3.95.
If you have a HSA, these are Qualified and Non-Qualified Medical Expenses allowed by the IRS.
Use your health care account to pay for, or get reimbursed for, a variety of health care expenses. See the complete list of qualified medical, dental, vision and pharmacy expenses in IRS Publication 502—Medical and Dental Expenses. See the complete list of qualified dependent care expenses for a dependent care FSA in IRS Publication 503—Child and Dependent Care Expenses.
Qualified Medical Expenses
- Alcoholism (rehab, transportation for medically advised attendance at AA)
- Amounts covered under another health plan
- Annual physical examination
- Artificial limbs/teeth
- Birth control pills/prescription contraceptives
- Body scans
- Breast reconstruction surgery
- Contact lenses
- Dental treatments
- Eyeglasses/eye surgery
- Hearing aids
- Home care
- Long-term care expenses
- Medicines (prescribed, not imported from other countries)
- Nursing home
- Nursing services
- Stop-smoking programs
- Telephone equipment and repair for hearing-impaired
- Weight-loss program (if prescribed by a physician for a specific disease)
- Wigs (if prescribed)
Non-Qualified Medical Expenses
- Babysitting, child care, and nursing services for a normal, healthy baby (may qualify under a dependent-care FSA)
- Dancing lessons
- Diaper service
- Elective cosmetic surgery
- Electrolysis or hair removal
- Funeral expenses
- Future medical care
- Hair transplants
- Health club dues
- Insurance premiums other than those explicitly included
- Medicines and drugs from other countries
- Nonprescription drugs, medicines, and supplements (unless prescribed)
- Nutritional supplements, unless recommended by a medical practitioner as treatment for a specific medical condition diagnosed by a physician
- Teeth whitening
The penalty for using HSA funds for non-qualified medical expenses is 20%. Keep all itemized receipts and copies of prescriptions for over-the-counter medications in case of an IRS audit.
At Brownell Insurance Center, we search to find you the best price for your Health Insurance.
Health Insurance for individuals and families
Call Marie or Matt Brownell – 603-437-1992
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Individual and family coverage