Which products are favored by carriers, and why are they important?
In this high-tech era in which everyone owns a smartphone, and has some access to advanced technologies, we are seeing trends in increased impact to our daily routines. Sure, making telephone calls to clients from the beach, answering inquiries while vacationing in Europe and submitting payroll from the slopes in Aspen are now customary functions, but did you know that many of these devices, when used in conjunction with service providers may offer significant savings on insurance?
Here are 5 tips for capitalizing on this savings to your homeowner’s insurance:
The greatest savings for homeowners comes in the category of home security technologies. Well beyond the traditional deadbolt, or the standard home security system, today’s smart home technologies provide everything from video door bells to distance sensing door unlocking services. Various insurance companies have begun to partner with these smart home services to provide safety, security and protection packages for their clients. Some of the top picks include:
- Canary Flex HD Security Camera – Canary Flex is the versatile indoor/outdoor weatherproof, HD security camera that works wire-free or plugged in. It also integrates with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Wink.Why the savings?
Canary has a member subscription service (required activation for discounts) the provide all around home monitoring services, including night-vision camera and sensors for things like motion, temperature, and air quality.
- Vivint Smart Home – Vivint Smart Home is a professionally installed and monitored home security system. There are multiple packages available for consumers and each include 24/7 monitoring services.Why the savings?
A total home security solution, this platform also allows for the integration of smoke detectors, fire alarms and CO2 detectors. Window and door sensors can also be accompanied by indoor and outdoor cameras which provide users to see who is at the door from their smart phone or in-home screen.
- Ring Video Doorbell Pro – Ring Video Systems provide affordability and simplicity of installation. Just about anyone with some basic do-it-yourself experience will be able to install. Once installed it allows for seamless two-way conversation prior to opening the door, and Alexa users can enable a skill which displays the camera image on a compatible Fire TV device.Why the savings?
Savings may be limited to partnership with professional monitoring systems. Check with insurance agent for options and discounts.
- August Smart Lock – August Smart Lock attaches to your existing deadbolt, enables keyless (or keyed) entry, and sends you notifications when your door opens and closes. There are two lock options available, and add-ons include August Doorbell Cam Pro, August Smart Keypad and August Connect.Why the savings?
August Smart provides a simple solution to old fashioned keyed entry, and misplaced or plainly hidden spare keys. Also pairs to mobile phones so users are notified any time there is an incident. Liberty Mutual is an investor and currently offers a rebate on the cost of product plus a discount on the premium.
- Nest Protect – Nest Protect sends notifications to your smartphone when it detects danger from smoke or carbon monoxide, tells you specifically where the problem is located, and self-tests so you don’t have to remember.Why the savings?
This multi-service company also offers a variety of home security services and applications for keeping family comfortable and protected. Insurance providers, through the Nest Rewards program, can maintain information about active contracts and working units providing assurance that clients are protected.
- La Crosse Temperature Monitoring System – This Home Temperature Monitoring System helps monitor indoor temperature and indoor humidity, records MIN and MAX values, and can connect with home security systems to provide alerts to homeowners when extremes in temperature occur.Why the savings?
Homeowners are typically concerned with saving on their heating and cooling bills, but this type of smart devices provide added protection for loss of home goods and damage to pipes cause by freezing temperatures. Insurance companies are invested in the home protection provided by this technology as it reduces the risk of damage to floors, basements and other parts of the home when leakage is deterred.
Other smart devices which provide cyber security measures, surveillance in-home and outdoors, and many more may also positively impact your insurance premiums. New devices and services are constantly entering the market place, and new partnerships with providers are ever-changing. For a current explanation of discounts and benefits contact our office for a free consultation and policy review.
Contact Brownell Insurance at Phone: 603.437.1992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.